Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Search & Win

Friday, January 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Craft

One of our nightly routines after our prayers, is to say our Thank Yous. This is where The Boy thanks God for things He has blessed us with. I thought it would make a great Thanksgiving Countdown Craft. I recorded what The Boy said each night and would add it to our leaf ribbon. Note to Self: Think of cute name for this craft.

Since this was so long ago...well, two months....I cannot remember what cart I used to cut out the words. I did use vinyl. I love vinyl!! So many possibilities!!!


The leaves were cut from the Doodlecharms cartridge. I cut one for each day of November leading up to Thanksgiving and then cut some to write the items he was thankful for. That's 50 leafs in all. I then hot glued the numbered leafs to clothespins.
For some reason I couldn't get the close up picture to upload, but listed below are some of The Boy's thank yous. Keep in mind, he was only two when we made this.

My family
Triangles
Rawrs (dinosaur sounds)
Windows
Bro. Gary (our pastor and my uncle)
Bro. Woody (our youth pastor)
My church
My butt
Trees
Mommy
Daddy
Octopus
High 
(The ceilings in the house are very high and he's always found this very interesting.)

2 comments:

Pam said...

Lol interesting that The Boy's butt ranks higher than mom & dad. :) very cute craft!

April Celeste said...

...they technically gave him his butt...so that's gotta count for something there!