Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Search & Win

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Wise Man Once Said....

...Children follow your actions not your advice.

I saw this on a church sign in TBC today and thought how true it is. My weight has been on my mind a lot lately. I have started reading The Abs Diet and have actually learned a lot from it. When I have tried to diet before (and I say tried because I've never really gotten serious about it) I've just dieted by watching what I eat or following the WW plan. Well, this diet targets the most deadly fat on your body, the fat around your abs. I've never really learned what fats are bad and what fats are good for you. Sure, everyone knows fat on your body is harmful, but I've never took the time to find out why. This book explains it and better yet, is an easy read.

So, I've started getting more serious about this diet and have been thinking more about body fat, eating habits, and so on. When I saw this sign, my thoughts immediately turned to The Boy and how I really haven't been setting a good example pertaining to eating healthy. It's especially evident with cokes. If I want a coke at home, I have to practically hide to drink it. If not, he's asking for some and I don't want him to have it. I tell him no. Is that fair? He's too young to understand why he can't it (and why Mommy shouldn't) drink coke.

So I have to set a better example for my son. Not only in eating, but exercise as well. Well, truthfully in everything.

I think I'm going to make up some signs and post them in my kitchen and other places to remind me that The Boy is watching.

No comments: