Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Search & Win

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Just a little tip......

I was talking.....well, more like bragging a little on myself because no one else had noticed and I wanted someone to congratulate me.....don't judge!......to a friend the other day. I told her that I had lost 7 lbs since the first of the year. No, she didn't ask and no, the conversation wasn't even headed in that direction. Like I said, I was fishing for a compliment bragging on myself talking to a friend.

Me: I've lost 7 lbs since the beginning of the year.
Friend: I thought you looked like you had lost a little weight.

Now, here's my thoughts on this. If I think a friend has lost some weight (whether they have or not) I TELL THEM!! If they haven't, who cares? They look like they have and chances are wish they had.  Maybe it's just the outfit they are wearing. And hey! If an outfit makes me look skinnier, I'm gonna wear the heck out of that outfit! Once a week, baby!! Maybe twice!

And if they have?!?!? Well, what an ego boost. That hard work of dieting, exercise, whatever they are doing is hard! And you just noticed. What an encouragement you have just been to them.

And, yes I even tell my skinny, healthy friends this.

Was I upset at that friend who didn't say anything until I did? Nope. Did it make me smile when she did? Yep.

Now, go make someone smile. That's your homework for this week. :)

No comments: